Subject: Re: [Leica] Apostrophes
From: DonjR43198@aol.com
Date: Sat, 6 Nov 1999 16:28:23 EST

In a message dated 11/6/99 2:09:17 PM Central Standard Time,
michaeljohnston@ameritech.net writes:

<<
 Please realize that these suggestions are not offered under any delusion
 of my own superiority. It's just what I do for a living. Believe me, I
 realize full well that you could run rings around ME when it comes to
 what YOU do for a living. So don't think I'm being uppity with my snappy
 comments. Just trying to add a bit of humor to what is naturally a dry
 subject.

 --Mike the Ed.

This is really a great English lesson!  However, it is pedantry up with which
I shall not put; especially when there are some brain expanding football
games to be watched right now. Kinda reminds me of Dizzy Dean who in
responding to criticism of his broadcasting language, stated that many of
those who didn't say "ain't, ain't eating."

Language is just difficult with all of its rules and it is nice to have a
refresher every now and then.

Keep up the good work.