Subject: [Leica] Actually using your Leica, anybody?
From: Lutz Konermann <lutzkonermann@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 03:46:58 -0500

Hello everybody,

From the ongoing discussions I understand that there is at least a
fraction of us interested in actually using the Leica M and doing it the
way it was meant for: As a reporter's tool. Be this on assignment, be it
driven by a very personal, even intimate urge to collect and communicate
what we see around us as members of a local and global community. I think
it's hard to find a camera that is as sturdy, precise and inconspicuous.
A camera that can get as close at people without intruding, frightening
or even offending - and can (for all these forementioned reasons) record
their story as truly.

For the rest of photographic purposes there are other (and even better)
tools around. Discussing this is a time-waster for
frame-and-grain-counters. For the rest of us there is a whole world out
there to explore.

If there are at least some of you sharing this view of mine, I would
equally like to share something with you I have developed recently in
order to make photography as above even more practicable and enjoyable.
I've baptised this little accessory the SLING. You may already have read
about it.

It is hard to improve an almost perfect tool as the Leica M. But I still
had a try. And since for me it worked I thought it selfish not to let you
participate. As you will easily understand, at a shareware price of $ 10
I will never get rich on it (this SLING biz is more about David
challanging Goliath... :-) and the price may seem even too ridiculous to
Leica users for the item to be taken seriously. But I won't ask more for
it. I will even offer LUGers a discount, valid thru the rest of the
millennium. If you take two, I will give them to you for $ 15 - if you
order three, they will be $ 20 only. Just mention LUG in your order.

I'll be happy to receive your feedback and answer your questions. Please
send them directly to my address as above, subject: SLING.

Watch out! The SLING is spreading, from Seattle to Singapore, fostering
photography the Leica way.

Yours,
Lutz

Leica users, get your SLING!