Subject: RE: [Leica] Is the M5 an Edsel?(PRODUCT OF A GOLDEN AGE IN WETZLAR)
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 19:54:34 -0000

Hey, Andrew, don't confuse me with those Edselphobics. I was simply
responding to the original post, which raised the question, and I referred
the poster to Erwin's Choosing An M page, which makes the M5 sound quite
desirable.

In fact, I still recall that when I was a young reporter on the Metro staff
of the Washington Post, Frank Johnston in the photo department was a
dedicated Leica shooter who bought an M5 shortly after they came out. I used
to drool over that camera - size or no.

You're absolutely right about the size and shape issue. The only thing that
would concern me in terms of purchasing an M5 is the question of the
longevity of the metering mechanism, and the question of whether it can be
repaired/replaced.

B. D.