Subject: Re: [Leica] Tudors use Leicas?
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Nov 1999 17:40:58 -0800

At 11:12 AM 11/9/99 -0500, Marc James Small wrote:
>Not necessarily, Eric.  A bunch of accomplished pros have been given
>Leicas, and a slew of others.  Hugo Eckener, the Zeppelin man, got two, as
>did Erwin Rommel (he lost the first).  Heads of state are frequent recipients.

Yep, I already knew that. They gave an 80 Summilux to Jim Stanfield, who
turned around and sold it and bought a 90 Summicron. That focal length was
not his favorite, so he decided he could get by with a smaller, lighter
lens. His favorite focal lengths are 24 and 180.

Leica has given away a bunch of cameras. And seems to me they did well
giving two cameras to the queen, she's kept buying them. Doesn't she have
an M6 now? The formula, get rich people hooked on a couple of loss leader
bodies and they keep buying more stuff.