Subject: Re: [Leica] The excess R8 inventory, was: Neiman Marcus (was M
From: dmorton@journalist.co.uk (David Morton)
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 17:13 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)

TEd Grant wrote:

> I wondered if this "glut" of R8 bodies has been actually
verified, seen
> sitting on wharehouse shelves  or is this a sort of LUG rumour
running
> around and around for the past few months.?

At Solms in August I was told by a member of Leica staff that
one reason for the (then) recent redundancies was the large
stock of unsold R8s. I asked if the figure of 5000 I had heard
was accurate, and the person would neither confirm nor deny it.

I have mentioned this conversation on the LUG at least once.

David Morton