Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Digital Inks
From: Tina Manley <images@InfoAve.Net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 18:49:39 -0500

At 03:43 PM 11/9/99 -0500, you wrote:
>     So called 'archival' inkjet inks don't compare to either silver B&W
>toned in selenium/gold or Cibachrome/Ilfochrome 'classic' ... and I still
>haven't seen an inkjet picture which visually holds a candle to either of
>these processes done correctly.... and in terms of archiving, I'd rather
>print off a sixty year old negative or like aged Kodachrome any day of the
>week rather than a like aged piece of magnetic media, format
>incompatibilities aside. Really really really long term archiving on machine
>readable media has not yet been done.
>
>Jonathan Borden

Jonathan -

Check out:  http://www.inkjetmall.com/store/

and:  http://www.cone-editions.com/workshops/

120 years is pretty archival.  The results are absolutely beautiful and
this is only the beginning.  New inks and papers are appearing every
day.  I make Ilfochromes and toned silver B&W, but I'm selling more digital
prints now than darkroom prints.  Check out the Epson e-mail list and I
think you'll be surprised at how advanced digital inks and prints are.

Tina

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
http://www.tinamanley.com