Subject: RE: [Leica] M Campaign
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 20:33:33 -0800

At 08:07 PM 11/10/99 -0500, Rob Schneider-Laura Tully wrote:
>Of course you can infer as you choose from my snide remark, but my
>point was to mock the implicit tone of the new Leica brochure, not
>impugn the good reputation of any photojournalist who may use a Leica

Okay, Rob,

I'll take you at your word. Your wording just hit me wrong, and I was about
to go out the door to work, so I didn't have time to think my phraseology
out that well. Sorry if I offended you.

>And other than their both being revolutionaries, Che Guevara compares
>to Pol Pot in what way?  Or in my youth did I just miss the coverage
>of the killing fields of Oriente Province?

Communist revolutionary. Taking away people rights. That kind of thing. I
know it was an extreme comparison. Hyperbole to make a point. But I do not
find Che to be a person worth honoring for any reason. (Yeah, I know about
the U.S. and it's shenanigans in the Americas, it's no excuse for
perpetrating another kind of oppression).

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Don't knock the weather; nine-tenths of the people couldn't start a
conversation if it didn't change once in a while. - Kim Hubbard