Subject: Re: [Leica] Need Technical Advice
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 22:35:03 -0800

Eric Welch wrote:

> At 11:20 AM 11/10/99 -0800, Mark Rabiner wrote:
> >The Fuji Professional films are being used by National Geographic we
> >learned in
> >Chicago.
>
> Mostly the chrome films. At a recent seminar I was at, Ken Kobersteen, the
> director of photography at National Geographic, said that they shoot about
> 95+ percent chrome film, and whatever the photographer wants to use.
> Kodachrome included. Though Fuji is definitely popular.
>
> Eric Welch
Ask him next time you see him about the use of the high speed color neg films
for tricky low light situations. The Fuji 800 I was mentioning.
That is the impression our National Geographic lecturer gave us, that it was not
just him but other's on the magazine using the stuff. I was certainly surprised
to hear that they would use color neg. But it makes sense in this digital age.
Mark Rabiner