Subject: [Leica] R8 glut?
From: Summicron1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 08:42:00 EST

>In the end, I perosonally decided to go with an R7/R6.2 combo for my own
>photography because the R8 was simply a little big for my hands. It was with
>some regret that I passed up on the R8 though...

actually, people like me are the real reason the R8 is sitting on the shelf.
I am a reasonably serious amateur photographer who wants to use the best. 15
years ago or so I bought an R3 and have since added a bunch of lenses.
Because I know HOW to take pictures, and HOW to make the basic features of
this fine camera meet all my needs, I have never felt the need to change to a
newer body, certainly not enough to spend even half what an R8 costs. The
bells and whistles of the new cameras are already hardwired into my brain.

if lieca wants to compete with the likes of nikon, they need to do crappier
work, in short.

charlie trentelman
ogden, ut