Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF...Good News...Bad News
From: "Dr. Joseph Yao" <yaojkfdr@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 02:15:04 +0800

Dear Bill,

Thank you for working out the Hexar RF prices in USD.  The bad news for
Leica and good news for us, is that when the Hexar RF finally arrives in
the US, my guess is that it will sell for significantly less than the
prices I quoted earlier.  Let me explain:

Japan is primarily an export country.  For most consumer products, such
as cameras and electronics, they are often sold for less in the US than
in Japan.  A quick glance at the latest B & H catalog will confirm
this.  Of course, the current high Yen has pushed up the Japanese
domestic price in USD even more.

Still, the lowest prices are still to be found in Hong Kong and probably
Singapore too.  We have a lot of visitors from Japan buying Japanese
cameras here.

I shall be receiving a few dozens of Hexar RF in late December, and when
they arrive I will let you know how much they will cost.  Again, I
believe the export prices offered to me by Konica will be less than
those quoted in their Japanese price list.

Regards,

Joseph