Subject: Re: [Leica] A Golden RF age
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 12:25:07 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:
><Snip> If someone else, say Nikon, comes out with a quiet,
> reliable, rangefinder with features beyond those of the M - also with
> magnificent glass - does one stick with Leica simply because it is Leica and
> HCB used it, or does one say, 'it's sad, but the day of the Leica has come
> and gone'?
>
><Snip>
Well if Nikon came back into the game again it would be with Nikon glass of course.
And although they caught us with our pants down in the 50's with top photogs
putting Nikon glass on their Leicas…
this time around it's going to go differently.
I'm sold on Leica M glass and what's happening with the ASPH's. I think we are
way ahead of Nikon.
Nikon has a whole different set of design parameters which are no longer my cup
of tea.
I would probably stick with my Leicas. If the systems were comparable I should
consider some of the interesting options Nikon had to offer.

But what if Nikon comes out with quality RF CAMERA with interesting design
features that rivals the M6 or excels in it's own way?
It's not impossible. It gets really interesting if my Leica glass fits on it.

A Golden RF age of many RF bodies fitting many companies RF glass was predicted
by Nostromdomis in the beginning of the second millennium of the second.....:)
Mark Rabiner