Subject: Re: [Leica] $40 lenscaps
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 22:48:03 EST

In a message dated 11/12/99 3:04:08 AM, pitakc@ee.pdx.edu writes:

<< Ooops, I meant to say the 39mm lens cap not the 39mm filter.
    Feel better ? :-)

I've seen several posts that attempt to offer solutions to my cap dilemna.
Just for the record, I'm not interested in any cap that requires me to remove
the hood. I had been thinking about the rectangular cap that covers the 24mm
hood but decided to actually price one today when I discovered that the CAP
from my 90mm Summicron (49mm thread) fit over the HOOD of my 35mm summicron.
I figured, $15-$20 each, no problem, I can handle that. But $30-$50? No
thanks. FWIW, I have lost all the front caps for my Nikons. I used to use the
Tupperware 16 oz. tumbler lids over my Nikon hoods but alas, those are lost
too. I try to remember to put rear caps on my Nikon lenses so they won't get
so buggered up in the bag when I toss something else on top of them. I guess
I just thought I would try to be a little more careful with this Leica stuff
. . . .

Bob (sorta new to this cap thing) McEowen