Subject: RE: [Leica] dealer turnoffs
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 07:31:52 -0800

> This story reminds me of a young doctor who was practicing
> medicine in my
> hometown and he went to the Cadillac dealer and they would
> not let him test
> drive a new Cadillac.  That weekend he returned to his home
> about 200 miles
> away and bought two new Cadillacs and Monday morning he and
> his wife drove
> them to the local dealer to show them what a good deal they got.

There's a similar story about rocker Ronnie Hawkins at a Rolls dealership.
When Mr. Pinstripe got snotty with him because of his t-shirt, jeans and
beard, Hawkins apparently pulled out a wad of bills and bought the floor
model on the spot for cash, but refused to pay the salesman's commission.
Don't know if it's true or an urban legend, but it's a satisfying mental
image.

Paul Chefurka