Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar RF
From: Godfrey DiGiorgi <ramarren@bayarea.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 10:32:32 -0800 (PST)

>I think that Leica should get an Olympus Pen F and take it apart
>and then think about it.  X synch at all speeds...a body size
>(albeit single frame) smaller than the Leica...a porro prism
>(sp?) a titanium shutter.  This is a contemporary of the M3...and
>I still like to carry it as my "pocket" camera.

It would be difficult to build the kind of rotating/sector shutter used in
the Olympus Pen F cameras for 35mm full-frame format and achieve 1/500
second, I suspect. The porroprism viewfinder is also just a little dark,
particularly on the FT model. Excellent lenses too. Maitani's genius was
very evident here. Oh yeah, they date from approximately 13 years after
the M3 was first released.

But I agree: the Pen F cameras are delightful. I probably should have kept
mine. sigh.

Godfrey