Subject: [Leica] Re: mainstream thinking
From: Stephen <cameras@jetlink.net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 15:04:31 -0800

> At 07:47 PM 11/12/99 +0100, Erwin Puts wrote:
> >
> ><snip>
> >
> >Leica has trouble  to deliver. True. Lost its innovative edge? Wait and see!
> >
> >Erwin

By my count Leica has not introduced an innovative camera bodies since the M3,
M5, and CL.

The R line has always been 5 to 10 years or more behind the times,  the M
modifications of what has gone before.

If Leica has not lost the innovative edge in cameras, I wonder where they are
keeping it.

Optics are the exception, where new designs continue to excel.

Stephen Gandy