Subject: Re: [Leica] As I see it . . .
From: Ruralmopics@aol.com
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 19:59:05 EST

In a message dated 11/13/99 9:25:34 PM, DFStein@aol.com writes:

<< This is a sad approach.  I can't even think of an appropriate analogy.
Leica
evolved as a real camera to solve real photographic problems.  I'm guessing
it was not always so much more expensive than it's comparable quality
competitors.  No one is saying make this a cheap product.  But when your only
goal is exclusivity, your company will eventually loose its most creative
people. >>

Not to argue, but as you say Leica HAS evolved as a real camera to solve real
photographic problems. The company came pretty dang close to getting it right
with the M3 and have improved the design in small ways since. The Leica M
camera IS, as you say, a real camera for real photographic problems. The
photographic problems really haven't changed that much over the years. How
much does the camera need to change?

Bob (if it works . . .) McEowen