Subject: RE: [Leica] M5 or M6 ?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 01:12:55 -0500

At 12:58 AM 11/15/1999 -0500, Andrew S Jordan wrote:
>1. Checking the M5 against the M6-Classic there is no difference in viewing
>the 35mm frame if you wear eyeglasses. The problem with both is that you
>have to move your eyes to see the sides of the frame. Of course, this rules
>out the use of the M6-HM for eyeglass wearers in using 35mm lenses.

This simply isn't true.  A lot of us, especially those of us who do our own
darkroom work, are not that anal-retentive about having to see the full
frame lines, as we will be cropping anyway.  (And training and experience
help, too.)  I wear glasses, big thick ones, and shoot with an M6 -- I've
had no complaints about the 35mm framelines at all.

And I do shoot chromes, as well, though I am more inclined to Ilfochrome
these than to project them.

I will concede there are those who really get excited if they cannot see
the entire frame-line, but, to at least some of us, it just isn't all that
important.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!