Subject: Re: [Leica] pukka (was NY Photo Expo: A talk with
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 18:43:09 +0100

I see this word used quite often in British magazines, and it is always a positive
term. I guess what we have here is another example of Britain and the U.S. being
two countries separated by a common language. I am very conscious of these little
differences, as I learned Queen's English in school in Denmark, then lived in the
U.S. for 14 years, and then moved back to Europe. Now I adjust my language to suit
the audience.

Nathan

Akhil Lal wrote:

> Interesting regional usage. First time I've heard of
> this. It does not have this meaning for me.
> Any other Lugers care to comment ?
> Regards,
> Akhil

- --