Subject: Re: [Leica] WAY OFF TOPIC: pukka
From: "Alan Hull" <hull@telia.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 1999 23:19:31 +0100

From Stewart, Alistair
> "Ah yes, America and England. Two nations divided by a common
language."
> Said by...?
- -------------------------------
I always thought it was Benjamin Disraeli complaining about the
tremendous difference between the UK upper class accent (I say old
chap, be a chum and lift your foot) to the rough working class (If ye
don't move your big boot ye'll git a bunch o' fives up yer conk) sort
of thing.

"England, one country divided by a common language".  No, that doesn't
look right.  In my minds eye  the qoute was a few lines longer.  Can't
remember.  Sorry.

Send it anyway.

Alan