Subject: RE: [Leica] Pros, Leicas, and losing market share.
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 20:59:59 -0500

At 04:41 PM 11/16/1999 -0800, Kotsinadelis, Peter (Peter) wrote:
>If you use a 135mm on an SLR you will see the image
>as it will appear on the film, with an M you see only what appears in the
>little frame.  Much different.  Hence, my premise is right!

No, your premise remains totally wrong.

First, a 135mm on any of my Leica M's or LTM's allows me to view the ENTIRE
field including action which is beyond the range of the FOV.   With ALMOST
all (99.9%) of SLR's, you see 85% or 90% of a restricted -- but magnified
- -- field.  Big deal.  Give me the RF.

Second, for the all of it, with an SLR, you STILL have a large, clunky,
noisy box which will knock you down with mirror slap, and which, for me, at
any rate, remains a challenge to focus.  With an M or LTM camera, you have
a small, quiet, discrete camera which, unlike SLR's CAN be focused, and
focused easily.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!