Subject: [Leica] Market graph
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 1999 23:24:31 +0000

I have in front of me a B&H catalog that gives a very handy visual
graphing of camera market share. Nikon gets a whole page; Canon gets a
whole page. The next page is shared by Minolta and Pentax, with Minolta
getting 2/3rds of the page and Pentax 1/3rd. On the fourth page,
Contax/Yashica gets a half page, and Olympus and Leica share the other
half, with Leica getting about 2/3rds as much space as Olympus.

Earlier, there is page after page after page of point-and-shoots.

This is the camera market in a nutshell, folks (but only if you count
Leica by dollars, not by numbers). Those folks at B&H ain't stupid. <g>

- --Mike

P.S. This is only partly tongue-in-cheek.