Subject: Re: Re:[Leica] Beginner questions on M6 TTL and M6HM TTL
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 09:43:09 -0500

At 10:04 PM 11/16/1999 EST, Ruralmopics@aol.com wrote:
>I just purchased a 90mm Summicron ( a used "first compact," i.e. 49mm filter
>size version) which I am using with my M4-P. I haven't shot enough film
>through it to reach any firm conclusions yet but my sense is one needs to be
>pretty darn dilligent about the focus (duh, when do you not with a
>telephoto?). I've wondered if the purchase of a M3 or (gasp!) a HM-M6 might
>not be a good idea down the road.

I agree focusing the 2/90 with a 0.72 camera can be an exercize in
frustration but stick with it!  After a while, the extra care needed
becomes second nature.  I occasionally shoot jazz musicians in their
customary settings -- dimly lit, smoke-filled clubs, &c &c.  If I lean
against a wall to brace myself, I can generally manage 1/15" shots which
will print well to 8" by 10" or, maybe, one size better.  Practice DOES
improve performance!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!