Subject: Re: [Leica] Speaking of Leica at NY Photo Expo
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 07:25:58 -0800

At 08:44 AM 11/17/99 -0500, Jim Shulman wrote:
>For those more technically adept than I: are there significant design
>limitations in NOT producing all the lenses in LTM?  It the tooling for LTM
>that much more expensive?

Could it be that Leica abandoned the LTM years and years ago, and it's only
collectors and people who like antique cameras who still use that mount? It
would be crazy to hobble all their lenses with a mount that's used less and
less as time goes by. The competitive LTM cameras are a tiny fraction of
their market.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch