Subject: [Leica] OT beer
From: "Gary Klein" <gklein@excel.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:52:56 -0600

A few months ago I had to do a job at a pub brewery for our business
section.  I used my Leica M42.  Thank goodness that job was tagged at the
end of my day.  I had a couple of cold ones.  I tried this guys dark ale and
it was super!  I told him I love dark heavy beers and stouts.  He did not
dissapoint.

Then I also had another shoot many years before that at the Point Brewery at
Stevens Point, Wisc.  We did a story on Bock beer and I was the lucky chap
who got the job.  Well, I got there at 10 am and the brewmeister acted as if
he was doing some serious testing.  Again, my M42 was used as I needed
something that would focus in the dark areas where they have their beer in
huge barrells.  I had to light the heck out of the room.  I used something
like four vivitar 283 on light stands to make the images.   Their bock beer
is pretty good, among the best I have tested.  Oh and yes I did test after
the conclusion of photo session..

Yes here in America we do have good beer, you just have to hunt a little bit
harder to find it!  Man the next time I do a brew pub photo, I should have
my 14mm in hand and then I should be able to tackle those tight places!

gck