Subject: Re: [Leica] New article by Erwin Puts in LFI 8/99
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 07:21:27 +0100

Hi Pascal,

You already have the 8/99 issue??? My 7/99 issue just arrived in the mail
yesterday! Congratulations to Ted on the big spread, BTW!

Umschau Verlag (publisher of LFI) seems like a real Mickey Mouse
operation. The reason I get the LFI with such delay is that they have one
detail written incorrectly on the address label--the country! For some
reason they insist on writing Netherlands instead of Belgium (perhaps they
are confused by the Dutch street name?), even though I have contacted them
twice in the past year to correct it.

Why do I put up with it? Simple--I am getting my subscription for free. At
Photokina in September 98 I signed up for 1 year's subscription at the
Umschau stand. They did not take credit cards and insisted that I should
just fill out the form intended for German subscribers who pay by bank
debit. So I did, dutifully filling in my Belgian bank details. The
subscription has now run for more than 1 year, and my account has never
been charged, nor have I received any renewal notice after the first year.
Does not seem like a good way to do business...

Nathan

Pascal wrote:

> Our Erwin Puts has contributed to the latest issue of Leica Fotografie
> International (LFI) 8/99  with another very interesting article, this
> time on black-and-white printing in the darkroom. The article also
> features some of Erwin's excellent photography and printing skills !!
>
> Pascal
> NO ARCHIVE

> See my photo pages at http://members.xoom.com/cyberplace/
> Leica. Faszination durch Präzision
> Leica. Fascination and Precision
> <<< PGP public key available on request >>>

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium