Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V13 #46
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:11:19 -0000

Godfrey,

There has been a rangefinder camera offering exactly this option. The Canon
Vt whih had a rotatable prism offering 3 different magnifications of the
view and range-finder images. One for 35mm lens, then 50mm and  finally an
'RF' (rangefinder) position which showed a much magnified but not
rectangular field of view, akin to the early screw Leicas.

Leica did borrow my camera to explore the system (after becoming aware to
it last photokina) but I suspect that the speed with they sent it back,
meant that they may well not have had much interest in the concept, or
maybe they're quick note takers!

best regards<
Jem