Subject: Re: [Leica] China
From: "James R. Nelon" <jnelon@netvigator.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:53:32 +0800

I've taken R8's and R3's into China a bunch of times, entering via
Beijing, Shanghai, Schenzhen, Guongdong, Xi'an, Guilin, and others and
have never been even asked about the equipment. Sometimes I'm dressed in
business attire, other times as a backpacker. No problem, no matter what
kind of visa I'm carrying. Have fun and don't worry about customs. But
don't put your film in your checked baggage. Carry it in and out,
including in the States. I've never had any of my carry on film fogged
by carry-on film scanners ( I carry 100 to 200 ASA film with no
problems.)

Jim Nelon
Hong Kong