Subject: [Leica] Thanks re. 80mm Summilux-R
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 20:43:49 -0000

Thanks to everyone who responded to my note re. the apparent softness of
this lens when shot wide open. Your advice is appreciated so, over the
coming weekend, I'll shoot another roll of film with it and try it stopped
down etc.

So far, I've only used it for head & shoulder shots, all at close focus
distance and wide open.

Hopefully, if MSN manage to fix this bug that prevents me joining the
Leica-User Community, I'll be able to show you the shots for your scrutiny.

Bottom line though, is that I bought it to take portraits of our six month
old baby boy. So, the "softness" actually adds to it. Trouble was, being a
recent secondhand purchase I got a bit twitchy.
Thanks again,
Paul.