Subject: [Leica] P.S. and P.P.S.
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 15:10:45 +0000

P.S. Why do I always get into the position of appearing to argue AGAINST
Leica, considering that I'm a Leica nut myself and have a IIIf strapped
to my belt at this very moment? Answer: because EVERYTHING'S RELATIVE,
and many of you guys are even BIGGER Leica fanatics than I am!! If I
didn't know better I'd think I'd wandered into a 12-step program or
something.

P.P.S. I got yet another lovely shot with my brand-new 47-year-old IIIf,
printed late last night. I was drop-dead tired after a week of final
deadlines on the January/February issue of the magazine--finalizing
layouts, production meetings, final corrections, et cet.--but just HAD
to see what it looked like. Pretty, pretty, pretty picture of my son in
deep shadow with his hands in a shaft of sunlight. This lens has the
PRETTIEST flare characteristics, and lovely smooth bokeh. Gettin'
hooked....