Subject: Re: [Leica] reloadable cassettes
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 14:47:03 -0500

At 10:55 AM 11/21/1999 -0800, damian dlugolecki wrote:

>Leica cassettes are heavy and add too much weight to the camera.  They
>are also impractical if you shoot both M's and LTM's because the
>cassettes are different for each.  Also for long trips requiring 50+ rolls
of film
>they are out of the question.

Well, I dissent, most strongly.  Leica cassettes are not THAT heavy --
around an ounce, maybe two.  I concede that what is "too much weight" is
relative, but the Leica is already a heavy camera, so the addition of a
minimal weight would seem harmless.

The M cassettes can be used in LTM cameras.  The LTM cassettes cannot be
used in M cameras.  So, if you use both M and LTM, I would suggest you do
as I do, and use the M cassettes.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!