Subject: Re: [Leica] broken film in sl-2
From: "Dave Stratton" <stratton@gci.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 11:11:15 -0900

Charlie

Your cold (maybe the humidity) impacts film far more than here.  I shoot
velvia (mostly 6x7 stuff) when the temperatures approach a minus 20 - 30 deg
F below freezing.

I worry about my hands, my feet, a way to keep the batteries warm, and maybe
worry a little about the camera freezing (as long as one doesn't take the
camera to a warm climate between the first and last shot cameras perform
rather well), but I admit I have never had film break because of the cold.
I'm not violent with film removal...but at 20 below one is not extra careful
either.

Dave
Fairbanks, Alaska