Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Contax shutter complexity versus Leica
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1999 13:27:43 -0800

Jonathan Borden wrote:

> This history is relevant. Why did the Contarex bankrupt Zeiss Ikon? The
> lesson to be learned is that if you have a solid product and limited
> resources, it is best to maintain your market niche (i.e. 35mm RF) rather
> than try to leapfrog the competition in a new and unproven market.

Because it was too big! oops.
My Dad had one. Huge! 50mm Zeiss Macro normal lens on it.
It went off like a Swiss made slot machine on steroids! Cherchunk. Smooth and solid!
Wish is still had it. The Bulls eye meter was not too accurate for me and I was
having trouble figuring out how to get the shutter fixed.
Mark Rabiner