Subject: Re: [Leica] deserve to be green
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 11:44:15 -0800

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> So refresh my memory - which did I use for push processing - acufine or
> diafine?
>
><Snip>
> > Mark Rabiner
> > Fine.

The very first developer I ever used in my life was Acufine in 1965 when I was 13.
I used it straight for many years with my Voigtlander Vito BL with TriX @800 in
the Chicago area.
I believe both Acufine and Diafine had a starting out ASA of 800 and I believe
this to be their real (unpushed) speeds.
As to pushing I'm the wrong guy to ask I usually ignore all those numbers they
are dreams in teams of real film speed with shadow detail.
But I hear Acufine is more known for pushing over most developers as a two bath
Diafine is of course highly compensating but then it stops.
I hate overdeveloped negs, bulletproof highlights. Easy to get with over
developed Acufine.
I had the replenisher for the stuff and would top off my one gallon bottle with
it. In no time flat you had sludge.
I would use it at 1:1 if I had some now. You don't see it much anymore. The
local developer? :)
Mark Rabiner