Subject: [Leica] Good experience at Leica USA today
From: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@pobox.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 20:12:40 -0500

I just wanted to let the group know that I had a real nice experience at
Leica USA in NJ.today.

My M6 Titanium was not focusing at infinity according to the rangefinder,
although the lens was going all the way to the infinity mark.  So I took it
in at 9:30am and a nice fellow asked me a few careful questions like: "Is
the lens firmly mounted?"  "Does the lens go to infinity?".  After I
explained the issue, he took the camera with its 35/2 in the back and
returned about 5 minutes later.    "Is it fixed?" I asked.   "Yes, the
rangefinder just needed a little adjustment." he replied.

All in all, a very pleasant experience.

I also enjoyed looking at all the historical cameras in the glass case,
like the M1 with the Leicavit MP and the Uhr-Leica reproduction.

The nagging question is: How easy do M6 rangefinders get out of
adjustment?   I know the tech turned one or two of those little screws
inside the lens mount on the rangefinder mechanism, but I don't know which
one(s).  Any clues as to DIY adjustments?  (Although with Leica USA just
45min from my house, it isn't a big deal.)

Skip

Skip Williams
Westfield, NJ
skipwilliams@pobox.com