Subject: [Leica] An encounter of the Leica kind.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 13:39:59 -0000

So Saturday I'm at an Antique Show in which my wife has a small booth, and
I, of course, have a well-tapped M6 with 35 Summilux over my shoulder. (I 'm
awake, after all!;-) ) A guy comes up to me and asks me what Leica it is -
even with the tape. I tell him and he then tells me his sad story:

He had an M6 and a bunch of lenses he had painfully acquired over a number
of years. Then he saw the G2 and thought, 'ah ha! look at this wonderful
modern rangefinder.' So he traded all his Leica gear for the black G2 with
the three basic lenses....and...well...it's a good camera...but he really
regrets having traded his Leica for it!

B. D.