Subject: RE: [Leica] 12 Best
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 14:06:44 -0800

> From: Mark Rabiner [mailto:mrabiner@concentric.net]
>
> Paul Chefurka wrote:
> >
> > > From: Mark Rabiner [mailto:mrabiner@concentric.net]
> >
> > > If you're not good enough for Galleries, stick your stuff up
> > > in a coffee shop,
> > > more people will see it and spend more time with it anyway.
> >
> > Like the actor in "Pecker" did.  And he got discovered by
> the NY Ahhht
> > Scene.  Much to everyone's dismay.  I hope never to be
> discovered.  Or found
> > out.
> >
> > Paul Chefurka
>
> It's good to see your stuff through others eyes though. Even
> though you are
> working mainly for you.
> It helps to reevaluate ones priorities with that perspective.
> If a tree falls in the forest....
> Mark Rabiner

Oh, I was way more than half kidding.  I know what it's like to have your
work laid out before the public (some saying about pearls and swine springs
to mind...)  That's why I still enter competitions, even when the judges are
knuckle-dragging philistines whose IQs are exceeded only by their shoe
sizes.  Who among us can resist that little shiver that runs down the spine
when someone whose work you really admire ambles over and says "Nice
stuff!"?  Not this little black duck :-)

Paul Chefurka