Subject: RE: [Leica] ? what the?
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:30:15 -0500

At 08:07 PM 11/23/1999 -0500, Chandos Michael Brown wrote:
>Leitz, Contax, and Rollei, owe their
>fortune to the happy coincidence of the rise of the Nazi state with the new
>vogue for 'miniature' cameras (meaning 35mm),

Har-Har-Har.  But the problem with this, of course, is that Franke &
Heidecke didn't even begin to do concept studies of a 35mm camera until the
War was over for 22 years, and around 85% or more of Zeiss Ikon's
production prior to the War, and all during the War, was LF or MF.

Which does, I suppose, leave Leitz on the griddle!

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!