Subject: Re: [Leica] deserve to be green
From: Martin Howard <howard.390@osu.edu>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 21:04:27 -0500

Mike Durling wrote:

> B.D.
> I think your memory is better than mine.  It was about 25-30 years ago when
> I experimented with pushing film and the like.  I can't remember what I
> used.  I know it wasn't diafine but maybe I tried Acufine.  I know that I
> did use a lot of 2475 recording film.  Talk about grain!  Ah the good old
> days. . .
> Mike D

I'm going to venture a semi-educated guess and suggest that it was the two-
bath developer that was used to push Tri-X (Diafine?  Check out
http://www-cad.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dealfaro/photo.html for more info).
If I understand correctly, development of the shadows will continue beyond
development of the highlights, because more developer from the first bath
has been soaked up into the latent image.

Another link to check is:

  http://www.algonet.se/~bengtha/photo/rit.edu/FAQ33.txt

Do a search for 'Diafine' in the text.

M.

- --
Martin Howard                     |
Visiting Scholar, CSEL, OSU       |    What boots up must come down.
email: howard.390@osu.edu         |