Subject: RE: [Leica] Military Contaces
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 19:31:00 -0800

At 07:56 PM 11/23/1999 +0000, B. D. Colen wrote:
>But I still think collecting paraphernalia of the Third Reich - whether it
>be Leicas, Zeiss cameras, SS daggers or lampshades

That last one is a whole lot different than the rest of that list. There is
an implication of anti-semitism regardless of your denial - if that's what
it was. The Leicas and Zeiss cameras, at least, were made by people who
didn't have anything to do with lampshades other than being stuck in the
country they were born in. The lampshades is a whole different level.
Anyone, but a museum like the Holocaust museum, collecting that needs to
have their heads examined. (Not to mention their hearts).

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Logic: The art of being wrong with confidence...