Subject: [Leica] Three Best Pictures
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 06:48:07 +0000

I just finished the exercise of selecting my 12 best pictures and
finished
when I got to three.
What a humbling experience.

Roland
<<<<<<

This is a crucial exercise and I'm encouraged to see people actually
doing it. Many amateur photographers--myself included (I'm a
professional in the photographic field but not a professional
photographer)--spend relatively little time editing and "redacting"
their work. (The word is actually from editing and means to prepare a
manuscript for publication--Allen Coleman has pressed it into service to
mean "putting a body of work into fully finished form.")

Good going, Roland--

- --Mike