Subject: Re: [Leica]now Paying!NO PAYING!!!
From: "Dan S" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 14:44:41 GMT

I really can't help myself from weighing in on this subject...It irks me
that anyone would PAY to shoot a picture of someone.  Note that I did not
say TAKE their picture.  When you shoot a photo you take NOTHING.  If the
mear act of pointing a camera in the direction of another entitles them to
payment than I can only imagine what pointing my EYES at them is worth.  I
have only one lens, but TWO eyes, so do I pay double?  If I then take my
memories of that scene and paint a picture have I taken something from them?
  Absolutely not!

It is the natural human reluctance to look directly at a person that creates
timid photographers, and subjects that expect money when photographed.  I
implore you all to "just say no" when asked for money.  (And maybe make the
picture anyhow:)

Best wishes
Dan States