Subject: [Leica] Something my Leica can't do...
From: "Johnny Deadman" <deadman@jukebox.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 01:14:50 +0000

... is close up wide-angle portraits.

My T90 with the Canon 35/f2 will go to about 30cm, great for my kid, but the
Summilux 35 only goes to about 0.9m. The Russar will go to 50cm (closer when
you figure DOF), but then parallax is a real problem.

A shame, because though the 35/f2 is a nice lens, it's a pain to get the T90
out every time I want to do this.

That Russar is a great little lens, by the way. Much sharper than I had any
right to expect. Kind of low contrast, but in a pleasingly mellifluous way.

- --
Johnny Deadman