Subject: Re: [Leica] Homeless cats
From: Chandos Michael Brown <cmbrow@mail.wm.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 20:31:47 -0500

I will confess, in the spirit of holiday cheer, that I quite seriously
*like* to photograph cats;  I've lived with them longer than I can
remember--they're interesting: what more can you ask in a subject?  I would
gladly submit some kitty shots to any such exercise.  Flowers . . . forget it!

Chandos

At 06:40 PM 11/24/1999 +0000, you wrote:
>taken with
>a Kreigsmarine Leica<<<
>
>THAT I would like to see.
>
>For the record: it is possible to make a good photograph of just about
>any hackneyed subject. In fact, I often thought it would make a great
>book to present a number of excellent photographers with a list of the
>worst cliches, and challenge them to make original and unusual
>photographs. It can be done! For a while I was going to make a portfolio
>like this. Fall foliage, rowboats, sunsets (in b&w, of course), kitties,
>flowers, ugh, ugh, ugh. Only different...
>
>--Mike

Chandos Michael Brown
Assoc. Prof., History and American Studies
College of William and Mary

http://www.wm.edu/CAS/ASP/faculty/brown