Subject: Re: [Leica] vintage Leica UV filters
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 15:11:51 -0500

At 01:57 PM 11/25/1999 -0500, Lee, Jonathan wrote:
>My uncoated Summar came with a UV filter labelled Kenko Summar UV.  The
>colour and wear seem to match the chrome from the Summar.  Is it original
>equipment and is Kenko associated with Leica?

Good God, NO!  There is NO connexion at all between Leica and Kenko!  Kenko
is a middlin' quality Oriental firm of some sort.  In the last fifteen or
twenty years, they have been best noted for producing a full range of
T-mounts.

This filter, however,  might be good:  I believe Kenko generally used Hoya
glass in its filters.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!