Subject: [Leica] Thanksgiving with survivors
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 09:40:49 +0000

>>>With best regards(and being grateful on Thanksgiving Day for finding
a home
in the USA) I wish all my friends on the LUG and LEG a wonderful
Thursday,

Andrew Jordan<<<

I too spent Thanksgiving in the company of Holocaust survivors, both of
whom spent parts of their childhoods in concentration camps, and both of
whom lost many close relatives (I saw "Schindler's List" with them,
too...Theresa was unemotional coming out of the theatre save for the
tears streaming down her cheeks, and she commented, "They did a good
job. That's the kind of camp we were in and that's the way it was for
us"). Personally, I was very grateful to learn that the Leitz family had
behaved responsibly during the Nazi regime in helping some of their
workers who were at risk escape from Germany. For that knowledge alone,
I think this thread has been a very valuable one for me.

- --Mike