Subject: [Leica] Re: Jupiter 85mm f2
From: Gerd.Hechtfischer@t-online.de (Gerd Hechtfischer)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 20:24:18 +-100

Roland,

I picked up a Jupiter 2/85 on a camera show for under US$30.
Used it on the M6 with the bayonet ring that dials the 90 frame.
I shot some slides from a tripod to compare it to my Tele-Elmarit 90.
At f/4 for both lenses, the Jupiter looks sharper than the T-E, at
least in the center.
Wide open the Jupiter's resolution seems not so good, and also I
found that the rangefinder is off about 10 cm at closest distance
with the Jupiter. Haven't investigated this any further, but it makes
portraits with f/2 nearly impossible.
For stopped down, outdoor shooting, this lens seems great!

Regards,

Gerd