Subject: [Leica] Re: Zoom completes system
From: Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 08:59:18 -0500

I'm not Dave but I have this lens and it is stunning! I guess I've never
thought about it being slow becasue I have very fast M lenses to use
whenthe situation calls for it. As Dave pointed out, it it is fully usable
wide open. I haven't nopticed any particular dimness in use on an R3 or RE,
but I'm sure a side by side comparison would easily reveal it. Focusing is,
however, fine.

Ken Wilcox

At 11:40 AM 11/27/99 +0800, you wrote:
>Dear Dave.....
>
>I've heard good comments about this 80-200/f4 from other sources as
>well....... but do U find it a tad too slow for use... ?  Does this aspect
>ever pose a hindrance to U ? How would U deal with this problem  other than
>using your rather well equipped M system for low lite situations ?
>
>I don't have a chance to use this lens , but I guess the f4 would cause it
>to be rather dim thru the finder..... what are your experiences with this
>aspect ?
>
>Thanks
>TMLee

Ken Wilcox					Carolyn's Personal Touch Portraits
LAW LHSA MEA LUG					          <wilcox@tir.com>