Subject: RE: [Leica] Journalistic principles
From: Eric Welch <ewelch@neteze.com>
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 1999 16:35:59 -0800

At 04:50 PM 11/27/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>At 12:27 PM 11/27/1999 -0800, Eric Welch wrote:
> >I will sleep better at night, knowing you are defending the people you
> >disagree with. The model of democracy in my book.
>
>I'm not certain what you mean, Eric.  I am probably the most outspoken
>advocate of free speech you will ever encounter and most of my clients
>aren't -- to all too many of them, "free speech" consists of "Hey, shut
>your !@#$%^ trap, you sack of !@#$%^!.

Marc,

I mean that I really appreciate your willingness to defend the press, even
though you believe we have no place in the courtroom. Or is your practice
outside the press, more in the area of personal free speech?

My idea of a free press is that we have access to all government actions,
so they can't pull one over on the public. Free press, more than free
speech. Oh well, whatever.

Eric Welch
Carlsbad, CA

http://www.neteze.com/ewelch

Those who judge others will burn in Hell!