Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica compacts -- worthy?
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 1999 18:43:16 +0100

Art,

I have become a Leica devotee, both of the M system and the R system, plus a IIIf
thrown in for good measure. But I sold my only Leica compact--a Minilux--after 6
weeks' of ownership. While the pictures were fine, the ergonomics were lousy.
Point-and-shoot cameras are definitely not Leica's strong suit. I suggest that you
look into cameras such as the Ricoh GR1, the Olympus Mju2 (or if you need zoom,
one of the other Olympus Mju models). These are more compact, better handling and
cheaper than the Leica offerings.

Nathan

Art Leyenberger wrote:

> Does anyone have any thoughts on Z2x, Minilux Zoom and new C1 as far as
> quality of lenses,
> quality of construction, and value? Are these really Leicas in the truest
> sense or lower quality, mass-market Leicas.
> I'm think of buying one as a point-n-shooter but would appreciate some advice.
> Thanks.
> Art Leyenberger
> New Jersey, USA

- --