Subject: RE: [Leica] lens caps - keeping them
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 1999 07:48:05 -0800

> From: Mueller, Rob [mailto:rob.mueller@eds.com]
>
> What does everybody use to keep from losing their caps? Do
> you hold them in
> your hand or have some device that attaches to the cap and body?

I assume you're talking primarily about front caps.  I only have a cap on my
90 'cron, because it has a collapsible shade.  My 35 and 50 live without
them, as the hoods are rigid.  I just drop those lenses front-element down
into my bag.  With the 90, I either drop the cap into a spare compartment in
my bag or stick it in my pocket.

For rear caps, I've epoxied a couple of pairs together back-to-back to make
two-sided caps.  It noticeably speeds up lens changes.

No hissing :-)

Paul Chefurka